Links to Additional Resources
Links to selected Web sites
- Beginner's guide to ecommerce (pdf) is a great introduction and overview to what's involved in selling something on your Web site.
- PayPal lets anybody with an email address securely, easily and quickly send and receive payments online.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) and its predecessor, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), are cryptographic protocols that provide security and data integrity for communications over the Internet.
- Search Engine Watch provides tips and information about searching the Web, analysis of the search engine industry and help to site owners trying to improve their ability to be found in search engines.
- Market Position offers information on search engine marketing. Its free MarketPosition newsletter specializes in search engine positioning.
- Don't make me think: a common sense approach to Web usability, by Steve Krug. New Riders Publishing, 2000. This is a great book for people who suddenly find themselves in charge of their organization's Web site but can't afford to hire a usability expert.
- Experience Dynamics hosts a team of usability professionals in Portland, Oregon, who volunteer their time once a month to provide complementary Web site usability feedback to selected local businesses.
- Jakob Nielsen's useit.com — some people agree with him, others don't. But Jakob Nielsen has been studying and writing about Web usability since 1995 and his Web site is worth a look.
- Section 508 requires that Federal agencies' electronic and information technology is accessible to people with disabilities.